Outlining our expectations, policies, terms and conditions when staying in our holiday homes, and when visiting Queenstown
All bookings are secured using an email confirmation from Aura Queenstown, to you/the guest. A booking is deemed to be confirmed and a property booked for your stay, once the deposit is paid and a valid credit card number is received.
All credit card details are held using a secure merchant service. If valid credit card details and payment are not received at the time of booking, Aura Queenstown reserves the right to cancel your booking prior to check-in time or within 48hours of the emailed booking confirmation, whichever is sooner.
Note: For bookings using an online third-party booking platform e.g. HomeAway, Booking.com or Expedia etc., Aura Queenstown may still require credit card details to confirm your booking.
Total payment is made across two payments:
- Payment One - A deposit of 50% of your full accommodation costs is required to confirm your booking and secure the property. If booking online; this will be automatically charged to your credit/debit card at the time of booking.
- Payment Two - The remaining 50% is due 30 days prior to your arrival date and will automatically be charged to the card used at the time of booking. Please note: Credit card data is held in a secure and encrypted environment.
Bookings made within 30 days of your arrival: 100% of your accommodation cost will be charged at the time of booking (this may be processed in two payments).
Payment Methods: Aura Queenstown accepts VISA & MASTERCARD card payments. All fees must be paid by the payer.
Non-payment or issues with credit cards: Occasionally there may be an issue with a credit card. Should this occur, a replacement credit card is required to be supplied and monies due must be immediately paid. Failure to do so may result in immediate cancellation of the booking, with no refund given.
- Check-in time: from 15:00pm or 16:00pm
- Check-out time: before 10:00am
Aura Queenstown is not based at the property and the property does not have an onsite “Reception” so the following have been put in place for guests’ seamless and easy self-check-in (and check-out):
A pre-arrival email with directions and your apartment/villa number will be emailed directly to you, the Guest, approximately 5hours on the day of your check-in date, to protect the security of the guests staying in the property before you. If your booking has been made and confirmed within 5 days of check-in, your pre-arrival email will be sent as soon as the booking has been paid in full.
On the day of check-in; and once the security bond (by way of a pre-authorisation on the Lead Guest’s credit card) is in place and the property is ready for you to self-check-in; a further email & sms/mobile phone text message will be sent to the Lead Guest with the property’s door or lock-box code, instructions on how to access your property and its Wi-Fi access details. This will then give you access to the property.
Guests may check-in at any time from 3pm or 4pm onwards (dependant on the property booked)
Meet & Greet Service: Should you require a meet and greet; Aura Queenstown would be delighted to meet with you and share our local tips, recommendations and experiences. You will need to pre-book this and confirm your arrival times. This is a free service, however, should your itinerary change or you would need our team to return at another time, a call-out fee may apply.
Early Check-In: Check-in earlier than 3pm may be available by prior arrangement, please enquire. Any early check-in requests cannot be guaranteed and Aura Queenstown reserves the right to charge an additional fee.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Observe and respect the arrival and departure times
- Wash and tidy away dishes, leaving the kitchen as you find it.
- All outdoor areas & balconies must be vacated between 10pm and 7am. Disturbances will be taken very seriously.
GUEST CHECK-OUT & DEPARTURE
Aura Queenstown properties’ standard check-out is 10am and guests may depart at any time prior to 10am.
Before leaving we ask that you:
- Notify Aura Queenstown of any breakages and/or damage to the property, its furniture or chattels;
- Stack and turn the dishwasher on;
- Clear the washing machine and dryer of any personal items and ensure they are empty;
- Ensure all furniture is in its original position;
- Place rubbish in the appropriate bins provided (see compendium for property-specific details) and ensure the property is neat and tidy;
- Turn off all heaters, gas fire, lights, hairdryers and electric blankets;
- Logout of any TV channel Apps e.g. Netflix;
- Ensure any keys, remote controls, garage door openers are all returned to where they were when you arrived;
- Lock all doors, close all windows.
Standard cleaning upon your departure is charged at the time of booking. However, you, the Guest are responsible for ensuring the property is left in the same neat and tidy condition it was in when you arrived – this includes washing up, BBQ cleaned (if your property has a BBQ) & rubbish placed in appropriate bins.
Should an excessively littered or dirty property result in extended housekeeping hours required to service and prepare the property for the next guests; Aura Queenstown, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to charge extra time at NZD50+GST per hour. Should it be necessary to clean carpets, fumigate, remove stains, repaint, repair finishes, or replace furnishings, textiles, BBQ or home wares, or remove excess rubbish; you will be charged for any Aura Queenstown staff’s or any commercial or professional contractor’s travel, labour, materials, and merchandise, plus an administration fee of minimum 1 hour @ NZD50+GST. These costs will either be deducted from the security bond held against you, the Guest’s credit card or in the event the transaction is declined, to any credit card held on file in reference to your booking.
Unauthorised late departure: Failure to depart the property without prior arrangement with Aura Queenstown Reservations, may incur additional charges. These may include additional staff or cleaning costs including waiting time and will be deducted from the security bond held against you, the Guest’s credit card or debited to any credit card held on file in reference to your booking.
Authorised late check-out: If you are unable to leave by 10am or wish to request a late check out, it is essential to contact Aura Queenstown Reservations 48 hours prior to your departure time. We will do our best to accommodate your request, however, as we have tight turnaround times for housekeeping it may not be possible especially during high season, Aura Queenstown reserves the right to charge an additional fee. Guideline costs: 50% of nightly rate if checking-out later than 12pm and NZD150 if checking-out between 10am and 12pm.
Incidental & Additional Charges: All bookings require valid credit card details to be held on file in case of any damage caused and/or failure of the guests to perform all obligations set out in Aura Queenstown's Terms & Conditions, and general policies herein or in its properties’ Compendium. These charges may include but are not limited to; property servicing, concierge services, additional cleaning fees or removal of excessive rubbish, penalty fine for strong odours (cooking and or smoking) found in the property, excessive noise created or disruption caused to other surrounding residents, penalty fines for breaking any local laws, regulations & restrictions. Any additional charges must be settled immediately.
Standard Security Bond: All bookings require a bond by way of a “Credit Card Pre-Authorisation” to cover any damage caused to the property. You will be advised of the cost upon booking (property specific and varies between NZD500 to NZD1000). Aura Queenstown Ltd will place the bond pre-authorisation on your credit card on the day of check-in.
Access will not be given to the property until the bond pre-authorisation is in place and the appropriate credit is held successfully. The amount held against your credit card’s available limit will be released back onto the card when an exit inspection has been completed to confirm that there are no missing items and that there is no excessive cleaning required, excessive rubbish to be removed or any damage to the property.
Should the cost for any required reparations exceed the bond amount held, Aura Queenstown reserves the right to immediately charge any card supplied/on file and relevant to the booking. As the Guest, you authorise Aura Queenstown after the post stay inspection; to debit your credit card with any associated costs required to make good the property and return it to the same condition it was in when you, and your guests, checked in.
The pre-authorisation is not a charge or transaction against your card and does not incur any additional fees. However, should your card be charged for any damage etc. a standard 3% bank fee reimbursement charge for all credit card transactions applies.
The Security Bond will only be released after a full post-stay inspection is conducted to confirm there has been no damage to the property, no missing items and no excessive cleaning and/or rubbish removal is required.
Non-standard Security Bond: On occasion Aura Queenstown may require a higher than usual bond be held. This may be due to a property being used in a way other as a holiday home, or for short-term visitor accommodation. This will be explained and notified at the time the relevant booking is made.
Prices and information are subject to availability and rates at the actual time of booking. Overnight Rates are secured and agreed at the time a booking is confirmed and a deposit received. Aura Queenstown reserves the right to amend online advertised rates at any time. Any rate adjustments do not affect any confirmed bookings already in place.
Certain Aura Queenstown properties have a “base rate” valid for up to a certain number of guests, if your party comprises more than this number an additional per person per night cost applies. The correct overnight rate paid to Aura Queenstown is the Guest’s responsibility. Incorrect number of guests specified and paid for may result in penalty charges, immediate termination of stay or eviction with no refund of unused nights, or temporary denial of access to the property until alternative accommodation for the extra guests is booked and paid for and proof of such provided to Aura Queenstown.
All overnight accommodation rates and any additional prices, fines or fees listed in this Agreement or in any email, phone or sms/text correspondence and/or on Aura Queenstown's websites are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and, unless otherwise specified, will include a 15% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
It is your responsibility to ensure all Terms, Conditions, Rules & Policies specified are complied with by your guests and invitees and you acknowledge that you and your guests and invitees:
- Use the Property and any extra facilities included in your rental of the Property at your own risk;
- Children are supervised by a parent, guardian or responsible adult at all times;
- Are responsible for any call-out charges arising through damage or misuse of alarms, appliances, electronics or excessive use of services;
- Are responsible for any call-out charges arising from complaints received from neighbours and/or other guests, the body corporate, police or governing bodies/representatives;
- All personal items belonging to you, your guests or your invitees, any vehicles and vehicle contents belonging to or under your, your guests or invitee’s responsibility remain solely your responsibility;
- Aura Queenstown accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage to any property or for any injury, loss or damage that you, your guests or invitees may suffer during your stay.
Our properties are privately and individually owned, and late cancellations have a significant impact.
We require a current credit card with expiry date and CCV number to confirm a booking and 25% of the total accommodation costs is non-refundable - this equates to half the deposit charged to the credit card received at the time of booking. Full payment of the booked accommodation and services is required 30 days prior to arrival.
All cancellation and/or amendment requests must be received in writing via email. Aura Queenstown will acknowledge and confirm receipt of all amendments and cancellations by return email.
Cancellations: means the cancellation of all or any number of nights confirmed i.e. it may be the entire booking or it may be some of the nights/part of the total nights booked. A request to decrease the number of nights of stay is considered a cancellation of those nights now not staying i.e. if booked for 8 nights and you wish to cancel 3 of those nights to now only stay 5 nights – the 3 nights “not stayed” are considered a cancellation.
If a reservation is cancelled more than 30 days before check-in, regardless of the reason for cancellation a cancellation fee of 25% of the total accommodation cost applies - this equates to 50% of the deposit and is deducted from the deposit. Any refunds due will only be refunded to the credit card used to pay the deposit or alternatively, by bank transfer if the deposit was paid by bank transfer.
- Booking confirmed: 4 nights @ NZD500 per night = NZD2000
- Deposit received: 50% of accommodation costs = NZD1000 charged to credit card
- Cancelled: 40 days prior to check in
- Cancellation Fee: 25% of accommodation costs
- Refund: Deposit less cancellation fee = NZD500 refunded to same credit card
If a reservation is cancelled within 30 days of check-in, the full booking tariff will be incurred, and no refund issued. Any unused nights are considered a no-show or a last-minute cancellation and are non-refundable. No refunds will be given if a guest vacates the property early.
Cancellations and written refund applications received from you, the guest may be considered on occasion. Aura Queenstown, at its sole discretion, may agree to a partial or whole refund on compassionate grounds (e.g. family bereavement). Please do not be offended if Aura Queenstown requests proof of the reason for cancellation.
Failure to receive relevant VISAs to travel to and stay in New Zealand will not be considered viable reason for refund.
Amendments: Should you wish to amend your booking; please contact us as soon as possible, in writing, so we may accommodate your request. Changes are at Aura Queenstown's discretion and due to availability, time of year and/or property owner requests/specifications may not always be possible. Aura Queenstown reserves the right to charge an administration fee of NZD75-NZD250+GST to amend an existing booking.
Amendments must be received in writing 30 days prior to the original check-in dates and means: a change of check-in date (must be completed within one year of the original booking’s check-in date), a change to the number of guests, the addition/cancellation of extras in the way of baby gear or guest services or housekeeping requirements or a change in the bed configuration selected at the time of confirmation.
A guest may transfer and amend booking dates subject to the following conditions:
- We receive the request in writing and more than 30 days prior to check-in;
- You pay any/the balance owing on the original booking prior to the booking being amended;
- Aura Queenstown cannot guarantee availability for your alternative requested dates;
- Aura Queenstown cannot guarantee the same overnight rate for your alternative requested dates of stay;
- If the new booking value is of a higher value to the original booking you will be required to pay the difference at the time the balance of payment would normally be due ie 30 days prior to the new check-in date;
- If the new booking value is less than the original booking, no refund will be given;
- Any amount previously paid towards the original booking will be credited against the new booking;
- New dates must be notified, and availability and rates confirmed at the time of transfer;
- A change of date is only permitted once, thereafter if you require dates to be changed, the request will be treated as a cancellation.
If a request to change the date of check-in is received within 30 days of the booking’s check-in date, this will be considered a cancellation and treatment of this amendment/cancellation is at Aura Queenstown's sole discretion and may depend on time of year; seasonality; availability; reason for the amendment etc.
Cancellation of Extras: These may be refunded if the following conditions are met:
- Cancelled more than 24hours prior to check-in or to when the service/extra is required;
- No costs have been incurred by Aura Queenstown. Aura Queenstown expects to recover all/any costs incurred on your behalf.
GUEST TRAVEL INSURANCE & LIABILITY
Aura Queenstown Ltd. highly recommends guests carry Travel Insurance to protect against unforeseen and unexpected changes to travel plans which may cause booking cancellation and/or amendments and to protect the Lead Guest against any charges and costs associated with any damage done to and/or any breakages suffered to the property. Aura Queenstown will make every effort to provide you with any documentation required for a travel insurance claim.
Aura is a collection of carefully curated holiday homes and experiences. Live life to the fullest. Enjoy every second. We'll take care of the rest.